The Southwest Chapter of SCC is a nonprofit membership organization with a focus on furthering the interests and recognition of cosmetic scientists while maintaining the confidence of the public in the cosmetic and toiletries industry. By joining the Society, members can take advantage of many opportunities to learn, educate, and network with their peers. There are different levels of membership (see below for descriptions). We encourage you to find the one that is right for you. Join today!
Benefits of Becoming a Member
- Discounted rates to all Southwest and National SCC functions
- Southwest Chapter newsletter
- Subscription to the Journal of Cosmetic Science, the National Society publication, published 6 times per year
- Updates on the newest technology
- Scientific Seminars
- Suppliers Day
- Member discounts to IFSCC Conferences and Congresses
How to Become an SCC Member?
- Apply Online at www.scconline.org
- Or -
- Download Membership Application and complete and submit to the National SCC office (address and fax on the application)
Types of Memberships
- General Membership - General Membership is available to persons engaged in scientific or technical work in the cosmetics and toiletries industry or in related governmental or academic areas, who have earned a Bachelor's Degree in the chemical, physical, medical, pharmaceutical, biological or related sciences and technology. In addition, those working in a technical capacity within the industry for at least five years, who have completed two years in a recognized related academic program are eligible, as those who may lack sufficient academic background, but who have worked in a technical capacity in the cosmetic science industry for at least ten years.
- National Affiliation - Available to persons interested in the objectives of the Society, but not qualified for General Membership. National Affiliates are entitled to all membership privileges, except that they may not vote or hold elected office within the Society or its Chapters.
- Junior Membership - Available to persons under 30 years of age who hold an appropriate undergraduate degree in science and who are pursuing a post graduate degree. Junior Members are entitled to all membership privileges, except that they may not vote or hold elected office within the Society or its Chapters. Half dues.
- Student Membership - Available to fully matriculated undergraduate students under 24 years of age in a scientific program at recognized colleges and universities. Student members are entitled to all membership privileges, except that they may not vote or hold elected office within the Society or its Chapters. Reduced dues.
- Emeritus Membership - Any member who has reached the age of 65 years and who has been a dues paying member in good standing for 25 consecutive years may request to be nominated for transfer to Emeritus Membership status. Upon approval by the Board of Directors, such members shall be entitled to all privileges of a General Member for life, with exemption from payment of dues, except that they are not eligible for election as an Officer or Director within the Society.
- Retired Membership - Any member who has retired from the cosmetic industry and is over 55 years of age, and has been a dues paying member in good standing for 15 years, may apply for Retired Membership status. Upon acceptance, Retired members are entitled to all privileges of a General Member, except that they may not hold elected office within the Society or its Chapters. Half dues.
- Fellow Membership - General members who have achieved full maturity in the profession, as evidenced by a record of outstanding achievement and leadership may be elected a Fellow of the Society by the Board of Directors upon recommendation by the Fellow Certification Committee.
- Honarary Membership - Granted by the Board of Directors to individuals for distinguished service to the Industry.