Sales Territory Manager - Southwest
The Sales Territory Manager is focused on the geography of the Southwest, generating specialty surfactant orders from multiple market segments, primarily Personal Care, Home Care, Institutional & Industrial Cleaning, Vehicle Care, and Oil & Gas. The role is based in Houston or Dallas, TX and is a home-based sales position, with extensive travel for face-to-face customer visits. Primarily targeting accounts directly, the Territory Manager will also work closely with Colonial Chemical's official distributors in the geography to further increase sales. The Territory Manager will also be expected to attend relevant industry events and trade association meetings in the geography, such as the Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC), the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) trade association, and Houston Chemical Association (HCA).
The Sales Territory Manager will receive product training and support from Colonial's Technical Business Managers, who develop products, assist with customer projects, technical inquiries, and presentations.
From time to time, travel outside the territory may be required for large multi-national accounts or trade shows.
Southwest (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kansas)
• Increase Colonial Chemical's sales of specialty surfactants, leveraging experience in the Personal Care and Home Care market segments primarily, with a secondary focus on industrial market segments.
• Recommend opportunities for new product development and custom product development to meet specific customer needs or pain points.
• Grow sales primarily through direct prospecting and selling and secondarily through Colonial's distribution partners.
• Write regular call reports and add to the contact database in the Colonial CRM system (Datacor CRM)
• Travel throughout the Southwest USA territory required, with occasional travel to company HQ in Tennessee and other trade show or sales meeting events in the continental U.S.
• This position will be based from home but will need to be in regular contact with Colonial Chemical management and Customer Service teams based in South Pittsburg, Tennessee.
• Technical degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
o Strong understanding of surfactant chemistry and applications
o Relevant lab or sales experience in lieu of a degree in either field
• 4-10 years previous experience selling and/or providing technical support to accounts in Personal Care & Cosmetics
• 3-5 years previous experience selling in additional market segments (HI&I, Oil & Gas, other Industrial applications)
• Extensive experience attending and managing the exhibit at major trade shows
• Extensive experience in price negotiation and demand forecasting
• Previous experience with both direct account management and distributor relationships
• Physically located reasonable driving distance to a major airport in Houston or Dallas, TX (No relocation reimbursement provided)
• Ability and experience Prospecting and Cold Calling new accounts
• Ability and experience with CRM and Expense management software
• Ability and experience with communications software and tools within Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Outlook.
o Advanced skills with other MS Office suite applications like Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, a major plus.
• Self-Motivated Seller, able to manage time and resources in a home office environment.
• Travel Expectation: 75%
Job Listings - Colonial Chemical Jobs (applicantpro.com)