Research & Development Formulation Chemist
Posted: 02 August 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Title: Research & Development Formulation Chemist
In this newly created role, we are seeking an exceptional formulator who is passionate about consumer products, manufacturing and how for-profit business can bring positive change to the world. Working closely with our product development team, the right individual will be responsible for formulating new and existing products, apply raw material technology and create new innovations, work with compounding team and manufacturing during formula scale up.
Based in Austin, Goodkind is a leading manufacturer of clean and green beauty products. Goodkind specializes in natural deodorant, skin and facial care products, serving some of the best-known brands in the indie beauty arena.
You are innovative, self-starter, independent researcher and work well with teams and inspire others in the organization. You are an outcomes-oriented individual with a proven track record of successful formulas in short period of time. You are currently in a fast-paced, high-expectation environment directly responsible for formulations. You thrive in the challenge of developing sustainable, scalable and creative formulas to commercialize.
What You’ll Do
● Reporting directly to the Head of R&D, lead the formula development for new and existing products
● Partner with sales and cross-functional team members to formulate various types of Skincare cosmetic products that meet client expectations.
● Proactively identify innovation opportunities in addition to daily workload and develop novel formulas applying the latest emerging industry trends and technology.
● Coordinate activities of other lab staff when necessary. Provide guidance to junior chemists
● Partner with Process Development during tech transfer to ensure smooth transition of projects from bench scale to Production. Assist Production as required to trouble shoot technical issues.
● Work with suppliers and obtain all necessary regulatory documents during qualification of a new raw material.
● Work with regulatory team and provide any assistance during new formula development and during scale up and production issues.
● Strong problem solving, analytical methods and technical skills.
● Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What We Require
● Over 2-5 years of formulating experience, with a direct history in a manufacturing environment.
● B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences or related scientific discipline required.
● In-depth technical understanding of the different categories of raw materials used in Skincare formulations is a must.
● Knowledgeable on the different processing methods (lab; manufacturing equipment) used in the manufacture of Skincare products.
● Demonstrated history of developing novel, differentiated cosmetic products for launch to the market.
● Critical thinker with a natural intellectual curiosity and desire to be bold.
● Knowledgeable on GMP, FDA and OSHA regulations.
● Prior experience in private label contract manufacturing preferred.
Visit us at www.goodkindco.com