Job DescriptionWe are looking for an accomplished and driven Purchasing Coordinator to join our growing team! The Purchasing Coordinator will place orders for all laboratory needs, establish testing quotes, and provide clerical support to Management.
• Prepare, maintain, and file data records, and compile reports using data as needed.
• Maintain confidentiality with provided company documents and records.
• Compile and maintain records of business transactions.
• Operate computer and software programs to input and retrieve data.
• Provide administrative support functions to assist the departments as needed.
• Operate and maintain office machines (including fax/print/copy machine, postage meter, label maker, etc.).
• Work primarily in an office environment and perform clerical tasks, such as email, sample data entry, etc.
• Work with analysts and management to ensure proper assignment and placement of chemicals and consumables within the laboratories. The laboratories contain biological fluids or stains and solvents.
• Contact vendors and manufacturers to obtain quotes for order requests and needs of each department and ensure vendors utilized are approved vendors.
• Arranging information from quotes to place orders after management approval.
• Assist each department with inventory needs.
• Acquisition and filing of SDS’s and Certificate of Analyses on every chemical or biological item.
• Maintain records of all transactions and all delivered items. Maintenance and archival of all inventories physical and spreadsheets on the company server.
• Maintain customer standards log and inventory.
• Prepare reports for expired chemicals and consumables and ensure they are removed and properly placed for disposal by the expiration date.
• Receive a satisfactory evaluation of job performance.
• Works with all personnel.
• Other duties as required.
• Minimum of a high school graduate or equivalent GED may be accepted, with a minimum 4 years’ experience in purchasing chemicals or other scientific supplies. A Degree/Certificate in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or science/chemistry is preferred.
• Ability to work with word processing and database software.
• Ability to operate and maintain office equipment including fax/print/copy machines, computer, and postage equipment.
• Ability to function independently.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work and successfully function under pressure.
• The ability to communicate clearly in English, both orally and in writing, with scientific and non-scientific personnel is required.
We value our employees as they are the key to our success. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary with an extensive benefits package. We work to maintain a progressive and collaborative work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career.
Certified Group is one of the largest and independent laboratories in the nation and is located in California, Illinois, New York, Virginia, and Texas. Each of our laboratories has its own area of expertise and is acknowledged as a leader in the field of food, cosmetics, and nutraceuticals safety and analysis.
Certified Group values diversity in its workforce. The company is firmly committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and will administer its policies in a manner that treats each employee and applicant for employment on the basis of merit. Certified Group will take affirmative action to seek out qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status.