Product Development Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Product Development Coordinator-Jack Black
Product Development Coordinator Product Development Research & Testing (40%)
• Liaison between contract manufacturer and Jack Black for submission redirects, sample arrival, IL questions, timing etc. keeping projects on track for targeted launch timing, profile direction, and within cost targets. Conduct status calls with contract manufactures, record, and deliver status updates to team.
• As product submissions arrive, immediately determine a testing plan, initiate, formulate survey questions, then gather, track, and report feedback.
• Write, track, and analyze customer satisfaction surveys.
• Assist in internal and external research, regarding new product concepts, names, tag lines, positioning and price points, etc.
• Prepare incoming ingredient listings for PD Manager and review to ensure they do not contain anything from prohibited ingredient list, and that it matches product profile directive.
• Draft competitive analysis for new product development.
• Research formulas, recommend competitive benchmarks, prototypes, review submissions, track development process.
• Perform competitive monitoring and issue relevant competitive analysis as needed.
• Work with Purchasing and Project Manager to assist PD in determining and maintaining deadlines.
• Update COG worksheets per new directives and update information as needed.
Product Administration (35%)
• Maintain a library of all approved and current product copy and claims in product folders.
• Maintain new product tracker and send weekly status updates to team.
• Work with EPC Safety & Regulatory to ensure that product folders are kept up to date with current Ingredient listings, claims substantiation, ingredient information, safety testing, and all other pertinent information to be accessed cross-departmentally.
• Track, maintain, and communicate receipt into warehouse of new formulas.
Physical Lab Submission Inventory (15%)
• Manage inventory of new lab submissions. Includes keeping outdated or expired samples discarded and current projects organized and readily available (in PD office).
• Maintain retains of approved lab submissions for each formula to be used as standards.
• Maintain inventory of bulk stored in the production standard and batch approval closets.
Product Training / External Product Knowledge / Planograms (10%)
• Participate in product training sessions for employees, field sales team, retailers.
• Provide ingredient and claims updates to Training Manual as necessary for new products and reformulations.
• Assist Customer Service team in responding to customer’s formula and usage inquiries.
• Bachelors of science or arts
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience in beauty and/or product development
• Strong project management skills
• Extremely well-organized with a strong attention to detail
• Skincare ingredient knowledge
• Understanding of trends in the beauty industry
Reports to Product Development Manager.