Formulation Chemist - Cosmos
Position Type: Exempt
Grade Level: Cl
Reports to: Product Development Manager
The Formulation Chemist will independently construct, organize, price, mix, and stability test formulas in the cosmetic/oral care/household cleaner product categories. This position is considered safety sensitive.
• Consult previously known industry contacts for raw materials, formulation assistance, and regulatory support.
• Evaluate research to maintain and improve product lines.
• Generate, distribute, and implement knowledge about raw materials, formulations, and manufacturing process within the organization.
• Assist formulation and reformulation efforts, from cradle to grave. This includes stability testing the final formulation in small batches as well as assisting with initial scale up batch manufacturing.
• Assist in the making of trial batches needed for product improvements and or /product issue research. Test and evaluate new and alternative raw materials.
• Assist with expediting cost-efficient sources of raw materials for reformulations and existing products when necessary y.
• Maintain accurate formula files, test samples, pilot samples, and raw material files. This includes GMP documentation of SDS and ingredient COAs.
• Assist with creating public file structure that anyone in the company can see as needed (with the correct access level).
• Provide and technical support to the organization, including Quality, Regulatory, Product Development, Product, Brand, Customer Service and Sales teams by answering questions and providing supporting documents.
• Follows appropriate lab and plant safety practices and performs job duties in a compliant and safe manner.
• Performs other related duties that may be required.
Education Requirement Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry or related field. Master's degree a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in production laboratory.
• Knowledge of regulatory environment surrounding cosmetic/oral care/household cleaner product categories.
• Knowledge of common materials and components in the cosmetic/oral care/household cleaner product categories.
• History of successfully constructing formulas that have gone to market.
Physical Requirements Must be able to sit for long periods of time. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb stairs. Ability to lift, push, and carry up to 50 lbs. upstairs required. Visual acuity to view documents, computer monitor and machine componen s.
• Analytical Thinking
• Detail Oriented
• Team Oriented
• Project Management
• Communication skills
Equipment Used Office and lab equipment. Production equipment as needed.
Director of Human Resources
Direct: 636-887-8820 Office: 1-800-542-7387