Formulation Specialist - Cosmos
Position Type: Exempt
Grade Level: B3
Reports to: Product Development Manager
Summary The Formulation Specialist will deliver superior quality formulations through material selection, specification and testing, documentation, education, and training support across all product lines. This position is considered safety sensitive.
• Evaluate research to maintain and improve product lines.
• Generate, distribute, and implement knowledge about raw materials, formulations, and manufacturing process within the organization.
• Assist formulation and reformulation efforts, from cradle to grave. This includes stability testing the final formulation in small batches as well as assisting with initial scale up batch manufacturing.
• Assist in the making of trial batches needed for product improvements and or /product issue research. Test and evaluate new and alternative raw materials.
• Assist with expediting cost-efficient sources of raw materials for reformulations and existing products when necessary.
• Maintain accurate formula files, test samples, pilot samples, and raw material files. This includes GMP documentation of SOS and ingredient COAs.
• Assist with creating public file structure that anyone in the company can see as needed (with the correct access level).
• Provide and technical support to the organization, including Quality, Regulatory, Product Development, Product, Brand, Customer Service and Sales teams by answering questions and providing supporting docu ments.
• Follows appropriate lab and plant safety practices and performs job duties in a compliant and safe manner.
• Performs other related duties that may be required.
Education Requirement Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry or related field. Master's degree a plus.
Experience Minimum of 2 years' experience in production laboratory or relative experience.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb st airs . Ability to lift, push, and carry up to 50 lbs. upstairs required . Visual acuity to view documents, computer monitor and machine components.
• Analytical Thinking
• Detail Oriented
• Team Oriented
• Project Management
• Communication skills
Equipment Used Office and lab equipment. Production equipment as needed.
Director of Human Resources
Direct: 636-887-8820 Office: 1-800-542-7387